Communications Marketing Manager
The Communications Marketing Manager is a senior level writer who can develop and write corporate and creative print on projects that include (but are not limited to): ads, brochures, newsletters, web sites, blogs, social media, scripts, product descriptions, press releases, corporate and agent communication, naming/tagline development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all Social Media efforts including research, contests, surveys and timely and relevant content posts
- Manage Search Engine Optimization including research of competitor materials, website analytics, site audit, incorporating industry key words and optimizing all content
- Assist in conducting all marketing research
- Must conceive, develop and write original, creative materials that effectively communicate the company’s business while incorporating the company's voice and identity
- Work closely with Director to generate brand strategies, marketing plans and other materials that position our company and brands in the most effective way possible
- Work closely with design staff on the most effective visual and verbal execution of projects, review current materials and meet with both internal and external customers to present materials and discuss strategy
- Oversee junior writers by working with them to conceive ideas, review copy and ensure a project stays on schedule
- Proofread all self-generated copy in the layout and design stages of a project. Check for accuracy and consistency, as well as spelling, grammar and style
- Assist in the development of strategic brand plan (product positioning, target market, brand strategy, analysis and follow-up)
- Writes articles, collateral, direct mail materials, speeches, online copy, and other related informative and promotional materials for new and/or existing products and brands
- Helps prepare for involvement in community organizations and events and build the company’s community identity.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities, rush projects, and last-minute changes.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Undergraduate degree required. English or Advertising major preferred.
- 3-5 yrs experience in copywriting, marketing, strategic branding, editorial writing, speechwriting and copy editing
- Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with design staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be innovative and creative
- Ability to adhere to deadlines is a must
- Ability to proofread
- Experience with InDesign is a plus