Payroll & Benefit Supervisor
We are currently seeking a Payroll and Benefit Supervisor to be directly responsible for the administrative tasks involved with multi-state payroll and benefit administration for over 200 employees. Working closely with the Director of HR and Director of Administration, this position will also be tasked with increasing efficiencies, establishing tight controls of payroll procedures and thinking strategically for long-term success and growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes semi-monthly payroll for over 200 employees in five different corporate entities in multiple states
- Processes semi-monthly employee contributions for 401(k), health savings and flexible spending accounts and reconciles journal entries with accounting group
- Point-of-contact for all employees with payroll and benefit changes. Examples include: address, direct deposit, contribution amounts for various benefit plans, W2 changes, etc.
- Manages all types of leave in relation to payroll and benefits including FMLA, personal leave of absence, short and long-term disability, etc.
- Maintains data integrity for employee within HRIS system
- Maintains data integrity with payroll system and all associated vendors where employee information is stored
- Processes quarterly bonuses
- Creates and runs reporting for payroll or benefit audits, manager requested reports or executive management requested reports
- Completes compliance testing for 401(k) plans on an annual basis
- Completes Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting on a semi-monthly basis
- Enrolls and/or terminates benefit functions for employees; responsible to send COBRA packets after termination
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with all departments. Be a strong team player and work very closely in a productive manner with accounting, finance, internal audit, executive and HR/training groups
- Miscellaneous responsibilities including processing garnishments, verifications of employment, assisting employees with user names and password errors for various systems, funding money in recognition system, etc.
- Additional job duties and responsibilities as needed
Experience, Education & Skills
- 5-to-7 years of experience managing multi-state payroll and benefits for one or more large employers (100+)
- Must be familiar with multi-state payroll and tax laws
- Must be familiar with multi-state unemployment laws and how to establish state unemployment accounts
- Must have strong accounting and mathematical abilities, the ability to balance payroll and reconcile numbers accurately, timely
- Must have excellent reasoning and “big-picture” thought processes, strong ability to catch errors, strong investigative skills to prevent imposter fraud or other types of fraud attempts on payroll or accounting systems
- Maintains strict adherence to policies and procedures and holds employees accountable to procedural rules in a firm, yet professional manner – is not influenced to sway from procedures because of executive or other pressures (deadlines, due dates, stress, etc.)
- Must thrive in fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented work environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred in a related field (business, accounting, mathematics)
- Experience with Wells Fargo Business Payroll vendor and/or BambooHR a plus!
- Some HR background helpful but not required
Come and be a part of our growing team and enjoy an on-site gym, free monthly chair massages, monthly staff meeting luncheons, energizing work environment, wellness programs, quarterly bonus opportunities, competitive salary, generous benefit package, 401(K) matching, tuition reimbursement and friendly co-workers. If you are looking for a chance to work hard, have fun and make a significant contribution to our dynamic company, submit your salary history and resume today! We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. A background check is required.Apply Now